Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, June 1, 2007

The Race Day Cometh

1.5 miles
15:00
three striders

Total: 1.6875
------------------
83°F
Clear
Wind: S at 15 mph
Humidity: 47%
course: Ramblewood circle

Running the striders I ran a little harder than usual. My arms felt like heavy weights. Since I began this adventure, I have yet to go into a sprint. That's partly wanting to avoid pulling a muscle, and partly not having a sprint to go into. I felt good going harder today, but, outside of tomorrow's race, I'll run harder.

Humidity seems far worse, but, at 47% is still nasty.

My shins hurt a little. With the race tomorrow, I'm concerned. Today's run was lighter, slower, and hopefully I can recover enough by 7:30 a.m.

The race plan tomorrow is simple:
  • Warm-up between a half and full mile.
  • A couple of striders
  • Start at 8:00 first mile.
  • Second mile 8:05.
  • Third mile 8:06 or whatever's left.
  • Starting a little faster might ease up the jitters.
Rain is the forecast, so all bet's might be off.

No comments: