Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, June 9, 2007

June 3 - June 9 in Review

Sunday, June 3, 2007 -- 1.5 miles
Monday, June 4, 2007 -- rest
Tuesday, June 5, 2007 -- track workout, 6.375 miles
Wednesday, June 6, 2007 -- rest
Thursday, June 7, 2007 -- 3.5 miles
Friday, June 8, 2007 -- 4.5 miles
Saturday, June 9, 2007 -- 6 miles

Total: 21.88 miles

Summary: Most of my successes came from working hard this week. Found a little fun running a couple hard, but not all-out, 400s under :90. Nothing amazing happened, but I am feeling good about working through the fear of the struggle. However, the corollary is that most of my rest time was the result of working hard the day before. I need consistency, not to flame out.

I did not hit last week's goals with LSD or a mile time trial. The mile time can wait, but the LSD needs to be there.

Looking FWD: Need to continue with general slow miles, and should include some faster, but controlled longer runs. I need to get out on the Prairie Path or some other softer, straight surface for longer runs -- my calf aches might be somewhat resolved by that, though Jim reminded me I need to stretch. Not only should I stretch my calves, but also, whatever else which can be stretched.

This week: I hope to run at least two days at five miles LSD. Presently, I have that scheduled for Monday, with a paced six mile run, and Tuesday, a more leisurely six mile run. The weatherman believes it will be in 82/86 those days, so I should hit the IPP early.

No comments: