Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 10 - June 16 in Review

Sunday, June 10, 2007 -- rest
Monday, June 11, 2007 -- 6.75 miles
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 -- 5.63 miles
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 -- rest
Thursday, June 14, 2007 -- track workout, 5.31 miles
Friday, June 15, 2007 -- rest
Saturday, June 16, 2007 -- 8 miles

Total: 25.69 miles

Summary: Not the week I hoped, but there were some highlights. I hit my LSD goals, including one 8 mile run (today)n. Mileage is increasing by a few notches.

Some of these miles will add directly to my running fitness, while others, like the warm down miles, will do more for pure calorie burning. Today's run equals roughly 897.6 calories, even as it will benefit me directly as a runner.

I need to burn 3,500 of these babies to zap a pound of fat. As I am running, adding muscle, with an increased appetite, it gets more complicated, but the gist is still true: more miles, less food = weight loss. This month's Runner's World tells me 10 pounds lost will, in and of itself, drop 1:02 from my 5K time. They admit this is an average, and other factors will influence it all, but, again, the gist is still true. Carry less weight = run faster.

The Spivey track workout was not my best - I felt dragged, but, those will come again. No run, on the track or otherwise, begins when I get there, but is the culmination of everything I have done and not done. On that day, I brought a tired body and mind. I hope I left it there.

Passed the 100 mile mark June 12. Through today, I am at 118.79. At my current rate of 25 miles a week, I'll double that within five weeks. Hopefully the rest of my life will allow for this. I'm aiming to gradually sneak up to 50 miles a week. Get there, and I'll know strong results in overall fitness, weight loss, speed, endurance - all that, adding up, ideally, to good, solid workouts leading toward a faster 5K.

Looking FWD: The present is looking good. Body aches seem to be taking vacation, but I need to follow good sense. Jim pointed out the need to relax, and that's not so easy. Getting that in my brain is going to take time.

This week: I hope to run at least three days at five miles LSD, and race Saturday. The weatherman is talking heat Sunday and Monday, with a minor reprieve on Tuesday, but hot weather through the week. Early, early mornings. Not my will. Not my will.

No comments: