Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Running Hard, Enjoying Kostriker Schwarzbier

Kostriker Schwarzbier2 mile warm-up
100x6 (striders)
200x3 (100)
150x2 (50)
400 warm down
600 warm down

Total: 3.8125 miles
----------------
70°F
Cloudy
Wind: S at 10 mph
Humidity: 83%
course: Wheaton College Track

Drinking now a glass of Kostriker Schwarzbier. It is "Germany's Black Lager," and looks like Pepsi with a thick head. Bought it at Bende on Roosevelt in Glen Ellyn. Tastes good, though I'm not sure where it lands in the healthy drink pantheon.

Why?

I was thirsty. Hot day.

Jim had those of us running a race this weekend do a lighter workout than the others. I have mixed feelings here. I want to race well, but it is my oeveall goal I am more concerned about. If meeting my goal takes training straight through and racing slower initially, so be it. Still, it might be nice to beat 25:00 my first time out.

I think I'll run my time Saturday, but my confidence is shaky. I am getting faster, but I'll only know for sure when I race. Until then, it is just supposing.

No comments: