Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, June 29, 2007

Freedom Four 4-Mile Run - July 4

Freedom Four 4-Mile Run

Time's come to run a race. Waylaid by rain last week, a new race has presented itself -- this time, a four miler.

My goal last week was a 7:49/7:50 pace, to run 24:15 for 5K. Hoping that I have continued to improve, I am aiming for 31:00 (7:45). The race is said to be hilly, so I might not have what it takes; I've run very few hills.

Last year's times suggest I could get 169th place if I hit my time. That's 37th in my age group.

July 4: Freedom Four 4-Mile Run
Join the biggest event of the running season! There are nine age divisions. Awards will be presented to the top two male and female finishers in each division at 9 am on the football field. A Freedom Four shirt is guaranteed to every pre-registered participant and given to day of race registrants while supplies last. Postcards with a participant’s race time and place (both category and overall) will be available on site within 20 minutes of finish time. Total results will be posted by 2 pm on the band shell during the afternoon festivities as well as www.drkomputing.com. Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up will begin at 6 am and will end at 7:30 am.
All Ages
Glenbard West Football Field
Participant Check in: 6 am-7:30 am
Race begins: 8 am
Register Online or click to download a registration form

No comments: