If interested, e-mail me, or post here, and I'll pass it on. Or, just show up at the track.
Jim Spivey Running Club (JSRC)
- Chicago, IL
Meets Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. for warm-up at the parking lot just east of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College (Chase and College Avenue) in Wheaton, Illinois. Track workout begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Nashville, TN
Meets Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. for warm-up at the Vanderbilt University track in Nashville, Tennessee.
Track workout begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Cost: $40/month (subject to change).
- $15/night if going night-to-night (handy for busier schedules)
- First two sessions free to try out the program.
- Jim also offers daily, individual coaching plans based on ability and goals.
- Coached by 3-time Olympian Jim Spivey (1500 meters: 1984, 1992; 5000 meters: 1996).
- Train with other serious runners who race in everything from 5Ks to Ironman Triathlons, from marathons to ultramarathons.
- All abilities (5K times range roughly from 18:00-25:00).
- Access to Asics products.
- Great camaraderie, fun, and respect for a good effort.
What I have gotten from it? As of this posting, I've dropped several minutes in my 5K time (see my progress on the top left), lost almost 10 lbs, and have made new friends who are as committed to running well as I am.
So, come on down! Say hi if you do -- I'm the short guy with the red bandana.
more on Jim's various training options: http://jimspivey.com/coaching.html