Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Thursday, May 24, 2007

5.5 Miles With 1000s & 800s

Two mile warm up on Prairie Path. Going out, I was @ 9:00, coming back in, I was @ 8:42.

100x6 striders
---
Run @ 400/2:07 pace.
1000
(300)
800
(400)
1000
(300)
800
(400 warm down)

Total: 5.5 miles
------------------
83°F
Cloudy
Wind: S at 22 mph
Humidity: 39%
course: Wheaton College track

I was within a second each time. Rich, my running partner for the day, helped pace us like clockwork. The point was to increase our VO2 max.

Overall, even with the wind and a tired sense in my legs, I felt OK. My form wobbled some, but in general, things were good.

So hot, I declared that the world needed to seeing my bright shining white body, to which Jim replied, "Welcome to distance running weather."

Jim, by the way, recounted lap by lap a 3000 he ran, with complete splits. Amazing memory. And, for some reason, was wearing funky yellow fencing shoes.

Rich, like Frank, started running later. He was 38, without much of a clue as per what the details of running were about.

Jim gave us Asics keychains that look like little shoes.

No comments: