Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, July 23, 2007

5.5 miles LSD - Snakes and Monarchs Abound

5.5 miles LSD @ 52:51
400 wd

total: 5.75

67°F
Clear
Wind: E at 4 mph
Humidity: 81%
ourse: Springbrook Prairie

finish
76°F
Clear
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 50%

Ran easy. The sun took its tool in a shirtless run. A three-inch garter snake tried nipping my heel. Monarchs were all around, at least more than usual. In all, an uneventful run.

2 comments:

David Dane said...

Did you outrun the snakes? Just teasing you...

A said...

One live snake - I doubled back to see what kind it was. Always fascinated by them as a kid. Close to the 0.5 mile marker, just over the first hill.

One dead snake - Met his maker thanks to a bicycle. Just before I noticed the skunk.

One resident skunk - Never saw, but his presence was known near the 2.5 or 3.0 mile marker.

One dead hedgehog - Bike or bird took him out? I could not tell. He was laying close to the bridge, near the three mile marker, I think.

One wasp - Bumped into me close to the 4.5 mile marker. Freaked me out.

Birds - Sandpipers, redwing blackbirds, a red-tailed hawk, a gold finch, and a cardinal.