Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, August 18, 2008

In a City With Small Shoulders

Monday Check-in

131.2 lbs. (up)
46 - Pulse (down)

Status
Good week overall, discounting yesterday morning's miserable outing. Weight remains steady, pulse slid down a spot.

Carl Sandburg said Chicago is a city of big shoulders. Not mine. My shoulders are small, and after lifting a dumbbell a few times, I am aching this morning, I'll hold off the temptation to lift today, and ease into it. My -- hmm, I'm not sure what the muscles are called -- the one that connect my pecs to my soulders -- hurt.

Any improvement will help my speed, and there's no good that can come from rushing into this.

No comments: