Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, August 4, 2008

Hovering Like a Falling Leaf

Monday Check-in

130.2 lbs. (down)
47 - Pulse (down)

Status
Rain is thundering down this Monday morning. It is a welcome rest day, and, hopefully, the rain will drain some of the humidity away for tomorrow. Strange to see darkness at 7:41. I have power, but it is the kind of storm which can zap the lines. The thunder is very close.

July had more miles than other months, finishing at 124.99. My previous high was 102.85 in August 2007. I averaged 28.22 miles/week, also a high, also beating last August's 23.23 average. Hopefully, this will pay dividends in races. This month looks to be around the same.

My pulse has generally stayed the same, but my weight is hovering slowly downward. It is like a leaf falling on a gusty day. Eventually, it will go lower, but a blow of the wind temporarlily takes it back up. Do the right thing, and right things will result. If the right thing is lower weight, great. If I regain lost weight as musles, trading, then, muscle for fat, that is good too. God is a better physiologist than I am, so I'll concede His call on this.

I have started sit-ups and push-ups again. Push-ups, mostly, and can see minor definition. I regret how inconsistent I am.

With last week's race being such a bomb, I'm not sure what to think. Am I stuck in the 22-23 range? I don't think so, but I am also racing a calendar as well as a clock. Each year, it will be harder. Others have broken 20:00, but this hardly guarantees I will. I might be laying a good foundation to do my best, but my best might never be sub-20.

No comments: