Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a Day ('s Rest Can Make)

5.47 miles fresh - 46:37 (8:31/mile)

total: 5.47 miles

74°F
Current:Clear
Wind: NE at 3 mph
Humidity: 64%
course: Butterfield Loop

finish
71°F
Current:Cloudy
Wind: NE at 1 mph
Humidity: 68%

What a difference a day makes - tonight felt easy, as if everything was downhill. The humidity never seemed to factor, thanks to a cool 74°F air (and dropping).

While an 8:31 pace is hardly blowing out all speed records, it is nicely following up a many-miled week. Through tonight, the previous seven days add up to 36.98 miles.

On my mind, then, is what happens when weather and humidity are good? Hopefully, such convergence can be found next Wednesday evening for the Viking Sunset race. I'm still at a loss what time I should try for. Thursday's workout has me slated for a bunch of 1x800s and 3x200s, with the 800s at 3:16-3:22. This should give me an idea.

No comments: