Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hard Run on a Hot Day - 4.42

4.42 miles - 37:32.45 (8:30/mile)
0.5 miles warmdown

total: 4.92 miles

84°F
Current:Clear
Wind: SW at 3 mph
Humidity: 62%
course: COD Loop

finish
81°F
Current:Cloudy
Wind: SW at 2 mph
Humidity: 69%

Jim sent out an e-mail cautioning us about bonking. Water is not enough, nor is coffee or tea. He mentioned his son ran out of gas playing soccer. Lots of water, but needed electrolytes. In light of this, I dropped my intended run from 5.5-6.0 miles to around 4.5.

Despite this, I ran well. Second best time or so for this loop. My best was on a much cooler, less humid day (75°F/40% humidity). I felt hot, but in general, was OK. My hydration has been better. I'll drink some OJ in a few minutes, once my body cools some.

Same run probably tomorrow.

No comments: