Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flies, Heat and 4.42 Miles

4.42 miles easy -- 41:23 (9:21/mile)
0.50 miles warmdown

total: 4.92 miles

86°F
Current:Mostly Cloudy
Wind: W at 2 mph
Humidity: 59%
course: COD Loop

finish
83°F
Current:Mostly Cloudy
Wind: S at 3 mph
Humidity: 65%

Another steamy one, and I don't mean page 347 in a Harlequin Romance. Initially, running the complete 4.92 was the plan, but I stepped out onto my black tar driveway and realized it would be a tough run. Took it out slow, and never picked it up. Yesterday's long run is still in my legs, limiting how much oomph was in the tank. Added a slow hakf mile warmdown just to clean out my legs and burn a couple of extra calories.

All the heat, tired legs and a few bugs didn't discourage me. I count it as a decent workout. In fact, those are the reasons it was good. I ran well all week, especially compared to the week before.

Bugs, you ask. Yes. Flying things. Bees, mosquitos, odd dragonflies, and a confused bird. A few nasty looking flies hovered around too. None decided to chomp, thankfully.

No comments: