Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Three Miles Up Tempo (Gimme a Beat)

1.5 miles warm-up
3 miles - goal: 7:55-8:10 pace - reality: 24:04 (8:06, 8:22, 7:36)
1 mile warmdown

total: 5.5 miles

82°F
Clear
Wind: W at 5 mph
Humidity: 43%
course: Wheaton College track

Now, sitting in my easy chair while the breeze is still cool, all is looking tough. That's as fast as a 24:32 5K (high as 25:16). I don't know if that's in me today. Still, that's what my schedule says, and I am not hurting. Just not sure if I have that much oomph in the legs. I'll give it a go, and start with the slower of the speeds, and go from there.

Time to run.
Now, having run, the results are in. Warmed up fine, first mile OK, second mile I fell asleep, third mile I ran too fast. Felt fine, recovered fine with a leisurely warm down. Ran into SunJoy runner Scott Allen on the way out.

In all, I think things went better than expected. I have something still to learn about my pace and to confidently throw it forward (the second mile).

Looking ahead to Thursday's workout, it will be tough. Some 150s, 200s, 400s, and a varied pace mile. Seven miles including the warm-ups.

Can I nap? I need to shower, find that easy chair.

No comments: