Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Better than Expected: PR for Course

4.42 miles goal: 35:00-40:00 fresh reality: 37:36 (8:30/mile)

82°F
Clear
Wind: S at 0 mph
Humidity: 34%
course: COD Loop

finish
79°F
Clear
Wind: S at 1 mph
Humidity: 35%

Today's workout was supposed to be "35:00-40:00 fresh." I do not have a lot of routes next door, so I make do with one route most of the time. However, with a harder workout yesterday, I was not especially confident I could complete it under 40:00.

Only one way to know: try. Under 40:00 meant 9:02 miles or better. I started quickly, but ran into hurdles on Lambert where COD is undergoing construction. I had to cross the street, finagle my way through a complex maze of debris along the shoulder. My real pace was probably faster given the stutter steps early on slowing me down.

At each point that I look at my watch, I was ahead. Felt relaxed most of the time. Never pushed.

With the Freedom Four in a few weeks, this encourages me. What a reasonable pace is I don't know yet. A 28:00 might be reaching, but sub-30 feels possible.

Tomorrow is looking rough, with two difficult days under my belt.

No comments: