Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rained Out? Not Me! All Wet? You Bet!

7.0 miles - 69:02 (9:52/mile)
1.0 mile, hard walking

total: 8.0 miles

69°F
Current:Mostly Cloudy
Wind: NW at 0 mph
Humidity: 70%
course: Illinois Prairie Path southward

finish
68°F
Current:Cloudy
Wind: W at 0 mph
Humidity: 97%

Caught in the rain after my first mile. Poured hard, rain forest type of rain. I decided to keep going. Skipping runs like this will not help me get my treasured sub-20:00 5K.

Mile 1 - 8:47
Mile 2 - 9:10
Not sure after that.

Averaged 9:52, so my subsequent miles were very slow. Fine enough for me. This was intended to be LSD.

Stopped at seven miles, as my job today was to get in 55-65 minutes, and I was at 69:36.

I'm tired. I'll nap.

Post script
Slept an hour. For those of you keeping score, I won yesterday's Scrabble game by one point, delivered when I posted my last letter, a 'T'. I attached it to an 'I'. That got me four points (double word score). What did it though was that I received everyone else's remaining points from letters still sitting on their tray.

No comments: