Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Four Mile PR (Circuitously Speaking)

4.0 miles -- 30:42 (7:40.5/mile)
0.5 warm down

total: 4.5 miles

79°F
Current:Mostly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 5 mph
Humidity: 32%
course: Neighborhood half mile loop

finish
70°F
Current:Mostly Cloudy
Wind: N at 1 mph
Humidity: 59%

Raining. Again. Happily, though, this time, I was just finishing my warm down when the drizzle started, and just hit my patio when the rain flushed down.

Eight laps around my neighborhood, a convenient half mile loop, dodging smokers and parked cars.

My time surprises me. My goal was to run four miles fresh, and I felt fresh. My first mile was around 8:05, my second came in at 7:50, my third was done in 7:21, and I finished number four in 7:26.

I am encouraged. In the process of running four miles, I ran 5000 meters faster than my Zambia outing in May. The July 4 Freedom Run is a fun, hard workout, and I will take it less seriously than the Viking 5k in late July. Still, I am encouraged to know I can run four at a strong pace. This time would put me about 122 places ahead of where I was last year. With a good warm up, some race buzz and a few days of rest before, and I could break into the low 29s.

A big 5K PR is brewing. Low 21s seems ready and waiting this time next month.

Tomorrow is a day off. My right calf will enjoy this respite.

No comments: