Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Phoning It In: More Salt in My Run

4.42 miles - 41:35 (9:24/mile)

total: 4.42 miles

85°F
Clear
Wind: SE at 4 mph
Humidity: 62%
course: COD Loop

finish
86°F
Clear
Wind: SE at 7 mph
Humidity: 64%

Optimal running weather it isn't. Cooler, drier air would be nicer, but get with the program. This is Chicagoland. Salt glistens bitterly on my lips -- it was a good run.

With a race behind me yesterday, followed by a long afternoon in Grant Park downtown listening to blues, I awoke tired. Today was a "phone it in" run, the kind which I need to do just for the sake of continuity and fitness. These are the runs I skipped last year, the ones I made excuses for, and one reason why I missed the 20:00 mark.

It started slow, sped up, then slowed considerably as the heat found me.

Tomorrow's a day off, followed by a somewhat hard three miles on Tuesday.

No comments: