Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Up the Mountain, Finishing 37-mile Week

"I have been to the mountaintop!"
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Warm-up
12:00 out
12:18 back
little jog up to Mt. Hoy
Up and down the hill twice
Fartlek to the parking lot: 1:00 hard, 1:00 easy three times

total: (c) 6 miles

63°F
Clear
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 90%
course: Blackwell Forest Preserve

76°F
Clear
Wind: E at 7 mph
Humidity: 56%

Another look at Mt. Hoy, from the top, in a roughly six-mile run. Once again, a gaggle of high schoolers were there showing us old folks how we used to do it.

Ran the first part with Jeff Couch. Jeff's quest is like mine, to break 20:00. He is close, but has a tough road. Knocking off two minutes at time is easier for me since I was starting so much slower. Killing the final :30 will be harder. That's Jeff's final hurdle to sub-20.

My sense of the workout was I did well, especially considering that this completes a 37.38 mile week, my most ever. Better rested and I might have conquered the hill with more vigor, but the dividends of running it hard though tired will pay off in September.

No comments: