Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, August 17, 2007

Quick 2.9-mile Jaunt

2.9 miles LSD

total: 2.9 miles

75°F
Clear
Wind: W at 7 mph
Humidity: 44%
course: Greene Valley

New location to run caused me a little trouble. The course is poorly marked and I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. It was getting dark, so I settled with one lap instead of two.

I stopped to ask another runner for directions, who seemed very sure of himself, but who was quite clueless when it came to giving me a clear response.

Greene Valley itself is a nice course. Reminds me of Blackwell with its gentle rolling hills in and out of woods and prairie. It is also reminded me of my old running grounds at Elizabeth Conkey Woods in Crestwood, IL (135th and Central Avenue). The distance is 2.9 miles for one main loop, so it could be a good option for 8.7 or 11.6 mile runs.

Mosquitos are its downside. Lots of them. While I am looking to lose weight, giving blood was not the intended method. The West Nile issue is also no small concern, and there is not a good reason to multiply the odds for getting it.

Jeff Couch runs Greene Valley often, and so maybe, as I get in shape enough and able to keep up with him, we'll hit the course for a few laps.

No comments: