Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

7.11 in 60 Minutes

Roughly 7.11 miles - 60:00 (8:26)
.64 wd

total: 7.75 miles

course: Wheaton Recreation Center treadmill

Mile 1 - 6.9 mph
Mile 2 - 7.0 mph
Mile 3 - 7.1 mph
Mile 4 - 7.2 mph
Mile 5 - 7.3 mph
Mile 6 - 7.4 mph and up

Might have been more. The machine limited me to 60 minutes before going into warmdown-cooldown status. I played with the speed button for the last 8:00 or so, going as fast as 11 mph (5:24 mile). It was fun moving my legs fast again.

Thanks to running the Cosley Run for the Animals, I have a seven-session pass to the Wheaton Recreation Center.

Instead of:
87°F
Clear
Wind: W at 9 mph
Humidity: 69%

I ran inside, with Fierce Grape Gatorade in my water bottle right next to my, while my chums from the Spivey Running Club endured terrible heat and humidity.

While I would like to take from this a pretty fast time for me, it is a treadmill, not real conditions. However, it shows me, in reverse, why I had a hard time making the transition from the COD treadmill to my weekly butt kicking on the Wheaton College track with the Jim Spivey Running Club. What I can take from it is is that I was able to get my legs moving on a very miserable, hot day without hurting myself.

No comments: