Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, May 12, 2008

Shooting Invisible Ducks: Run for Hungry Children

Run for Hungry Children As causes go, this one's a gem. At the reminder of Bob Vishanoff, a fellow runner and all around good guy, I dropped my plans to race last Saturday to instead race this one.

I am hardly in solid shape. I am not where I left off, but I am farther than I was last year at this time. So what kind of time does this suggest I can run? I dunno.

I do know I can do better than Cosley's 25:12, my first race. That means, between 22:00 and 25:12. I'll wager a 23:30 is possible, but I am shooting at an invisible duck. That's a 7:34 pace. I'll start at 7:30 and see how things go.

7:30 - Mile 1
7:30 - Mile 2
7:30 - Mile 3
:45 - remaining 0.1 mile
-----------
23:15

That's what I am saying today. Theory will meet practice Saturday. Or, the lack of practice will be more evident, more likely.

Come on by, run with me.

http://runforhungrychildren.org/
REGISTER NOW! Online registration for the 2008 Run For Hungry Children 5K Run and 3K Walk closes Tuesday evening, May 13, at midnight. Race day registration is still available from 6:45AM to 7:45AM with the 5K event starting promptly at 8:00AM.

You Are Invited!
The hungry children of the world invite you to the Run for Hungry Children on May 17, 2008. You will join others in a fundraising 5K run or a 3K walk event that focuses specifically on the needs of hungry children.

Join the Cause in 2008!
On May 17, 2008, we plan to fill the Prairie Stone Business Park in Hoffman Estates, the Wheaton Academy in West Chicago, and Washington Park in Springfield with runners and walkers to support hungry children around the world. Mark your calendars and make plans to compete in the 5K race or to participate in the 3K walk for the cause.

We Can Do More in 2008!
There are millions of children that face desperate hunger every day. Their families are living on less than $1.00 a day. Every $30 raised in donations supports a child for one month with $360 supporting a child for one year. We have a goal to feed 500 children for one year from the 2008 Run for Hungry Children. Your efforts can bring hope and help to children around the world.

Having mentioned ducks, the obligatory cute ducky video is required.

No comments: