Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Running a Mouthful: 4.42 Easy Miles

4.42 miles fresh (40:10 - 9:05/mile)

total: 4.42 miles

69°F
Clear
Wind: S at 5 mph
Humidity: 28%
course: COD Loop

Facing a post-dental work misery, I put off the run to as late in the afternoon as I could. I will be getting my first crown in two weeks, and today involved my dentist nailing right on the money my inferior alveolar nerve.

Running seems secondary.

Ten seconds over my prescribed workout: 35-40:00 at 40:10, but actually, had I stopped my watch at a stoplight, I would likely be under. No matter, the run is done.

The run had nothing remarkable. Same course as yesterday, minus a half mile loop at the finish. I felt better yesterday, but still OK today. With the dental work and poor sleep last night, this is good.

Tomorrow's butt kicking involves two 1000s that will be tough. My miles are at the highest point for one week (27.1) since December 5, 2007, and these are more intense than those then. This is bound to impact the quality of my workouts until I acclimate.

Little Shop of Horrors - Dentist Song (Steve Martin)

No comments: