Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Mann, the Boss, and Five Miles on a Track Thinking of Both

5.0 miles (45:43 - 9:08.6/miles, last mile @ 8:43)
1.0 miles hard walk

total: 6.0 miles

74°F
Current: Clear
Wind: S at 2 mph
Humidity: 49%
course: Glenbard South track

finish
72°F
Current: Clear
Wind: S at 0 mph
Humidity: 51%

Decent night to run. After a two-hour nap mid-afternoon, I found my way to a lonely high school track an hour before sunset. No crows, just a few kids tossing a baseball in next to the high jump pit.

After a somewhat discouraging weigh-in August 1 at 140.0 lbs, I further resolved to focus on slow miles. That's where the fat's burnt, and that's going to do me more good than any speedy three-miler can do.

My first two miles were 18:23, mile four ticked in at 37:00 (18:37/two miles), and I finished with 45:43, meaning I was at 8:43 for my last mile, mostly due to picking it up the last 400.

It is a long way back, but tonight felt good.

To all my friends with whom I spent an incredible weekend. Thanks, guys.
Bruce Springsteen, Blinded By the Light



Manfred Mann's version (live)

No comments: