Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, August 14, 2009

Sunsets and Meadows: 5.5 Miles


0.25 walk
5.50 miles run (58:02 - 10:33/mile)
1.75 miles walk warmdown

total: 7.5 miles

86°F
Current: Clear
Wind: W at 6 mph
Humidity: 31%
course: Springbrook Prairie

My legs are tanked. 25.50 miles this week, with tomorrow still ahead. As such, tanked and all, with a slow time in my run tonight, a day off is due. Running tomorrow will not add anything not better achieved by resting.

At mile two, I knew it would be a long run. Drenched in sweat, my bandanna was giving way and needed to be retightened. The heat bore down, pleading with me to stop, lay down, and baked. I pressed on. The run required finishing.

The views, as you can see are subtle, beautiful,.but my camera does no justice to the magnificence. The sunset was a tremendous orange ball, with its intensity just low enough that watching it caused no trouble.

No comments: