Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Looking for My Path, And Getting on Track - 4.75 on a Steaming Sunday

4.75 miles (47:02 - 9:54/mile)
0.25 miles walk

total: 5.0 miles

72°F
Current: Haze
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 89%
course: Glenbard South track

All I wanted was a lazing long run on the Prairie Path. The morning dripped with humidity, pretending the cool temperature was in fact cool. I got up late, got out the door late. I couldn't find the place to park my car.

So I went to the track where I knew I could get in a few miles.

I ran out of time, and what had I hoped to be a long run was a medium run. Could've been 5.0 miles, but I lost count. Before you heckle me, try counting 20 laps. It seems easier than it is.

The run itself was relaxed. My miles are sneaking up, and, through this morning's gallop, I'm up to 26.75, plus another 4.0 walked. These dogs are tired. Yesterday's rest day wasn't enough, but I gotta do what I gotta do, and what I gotta do is run through this. In a few months, I will feel like a runner again.

My legs are coming through a tough time of rehabilitation after a months sitting in a crammed desk amid the cacophony of a crowded workplace, and then, a tiny office with barely enough room for air. Too much sitting makes a body wrinkle like an arthritic hand.

No comments: