Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, August 17, 2009

10 Miles in the Rain: Longest Run in Year+

10.0 miles (1:46:07 - 10:43/mile)

total: 10.0 miles

77°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 0 mph
Humidity: 83%
course: Illinois Prairie Path southward

It rained. I'm tired. Dirt covers my calves. I'll ache worse tomorrow. That's the bad news.

The good news is I ran farther than I have in a year. Though it did rain from 2.0 to around 3.5 miles, the scent of oak trees surrounded, and the trees protected me from the harshest part of the rain.

My longest run last June (10.11 miles) was slightly faster, but I was in better shape, but today's pleases me because of the challenge of the elements and present level of fitness.

My recovery so far seems OK. Gatorade and mineral water over ice, and a small can of Bush's Baked Beans are hitting the spot as I write. A shower soon will eliminate some of of less savory impacts of my afternoon's effort.

No comments: