Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rainy Nights in Glen Ellyn Do Not Deter My 4.3



4.3 miles (40:59 - 9:32/mile)

78°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 55%
course: COD Loop

finish
77°F
Current: Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 61%

Don't let the 'Cloudy' part fool you. It is pouring rain. Thunder. Some lightening. I'm soaked. That's all right. In November it will rain too. There will be no warm trickles then.

Took a mile to find my stride. I did. The last 800 m felt smooth. I stretched it out some, but avoided a a sprint.

It was familiar and odd to run this complete route for the first time since September 2008. Seven minutes slower than then, but all felt well with Monday's long run mostly rested away.

Some swift guitar playing in the video below. Fans of Phil Keaggy and Stanley Jordan might like it. There's a nod to my old running pal Ulm (see comments in earlier post) who recommend the John Butler Trio as good running music. Ulm runs much faster than I do, so I can see why he chooses it. Fine, bright music either way on a rainy day.

No comments: