Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, August 21, 2009

30 Days and 4.3(6) Miles

4.36 miles run (40:40 - 9:20/mile)
0.50 miles walk

total: 4.86 miles

69°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 69%
course: COD Loop

finish
71°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 59%

A nice run on what is, in fact, a sunny day on this thirtieth day back into running.

Today was a new kind of day. I had run yesterday in the early evening, and did not have the same span of rest as usual.

While I am not yet fit, I am used to getting out and running, and with that, am trying to think about form, poise, stride and those kinds of things. In two weeks, my plan is to return to the track for whatever workout Jim thinks is a good idea.

Today's Course
Relooking at my 4.3 mile route, which originally I thought was 4.42 miles, it seems to be 4.36 miles. What is accurate? My GPS watch cannot decide either. What difference does it really makes? To be exact, 7.87 seconds per mile. Do I really care? No, because I know the route is pretty much the same. I can compare times in that context. These aren't carefully controlled track workouts. Maybe I cross the street at a different angle, or do not click my watch off precisely when I stop at a street light. Details.

For now, after several seconds of deliberated consideration, I'll move forward by recording the 4.36 distance, and the related pace. I won't back fix my mileage spreadsheet or anything, just as I did not with the 4.42 miles change. I prefer to be exact and accurate as it keeps me honest, but what counts as either is a bigger question than I am capable of solving.

A few runs I call 'COD Loop' for both the stats above and the post tags. That's just a ballpark took to remind me of where the run was. Having a name for every variation is more unwieldy that I want to deal with.

When I run the track, I fudge some as well, not bothering usually to adjust 1600 meters into a mile, but letting it go.

Weight
My weight is sneaking down. This morning it registered at a tidy 137.6 lbs. All is going in the right direction, and that's the pattern I need. I don't see how I'll be 135 on August 31 as hoped, but I am on track to get to 125 by May 1.

For David, the Super Chicken theme song (or, watch Jerry Seinfeld singing it), who thought there might not be useful songs for running. I know he likes this one.
"He will drink his super sauce
And throw the bad guys for a loss
And he will bring them in alive and kickin' (puk, puk, puk)"

No comments: