Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Driving Me Crazy at Five Miles

5.0 miles (51:19 - 10:16/mile)

total: 5.0 miles

86°F
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 38%
course: Butterfield Loop

finish
84°F
Current: Clear
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 40%

Delusions of youth streamed in as I gave a seven mile loop a hit. The heat/humidity, matched against a poor night's sleep took over.

Today's run involved area roads as opposed to the track I had commonly been using. Brittle grass edged the cigarette littered shoulder. Most drivers slipped blindly passed the thick white stop line, giving my a sheepish look. At 22nd Street and Blanchard, commuters coming home didn't bother to see my crossing, and several times I had to pull back. Drivers Ed is necessary for a few too many.

My pace was slow, but I don't mind. 500 calories were burnt. However, I didn't like that I had to cut the run short. My body wasn't ready for what today offered.

No comments: