Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Eight Before I Ate

8.0 miles (72:58 - 9:07/mile; [36:58 - 9:14/mile, 35:00 - 9:00)
0.50 mile walk

total: 8.50 miles

65°F
Current: Overcast
Wind: NW at 4 mph
Humidity: 67%
course: Illinois Prairie Path

Among my better runs. The cool weather helped. My pace was fairly steady, and, to my surprise, picked up the second half. It was a nice feeling knowing I had a few more miles in me.

I run four miles out, and turned around at the mile post.

Crowded morning, although the serious CARA and Glen Ellyn Runners Club runners had all mostly finished. I got out in the late morning.

Someone was burning a bonfire at around two miles, with smoke heavy on the path. A few dog walkers had not-so-friendly dogs on tight leashes.

My total mileage for the last seven days is at a new high, at 37.47 miles, with another 1.95 miles walked. There is a pound of calories sacrificed to the running gods.

Now, time for lunch.

No comments: