Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Duke Leads the Way

3.0 miles run (23:40 - 7:53/mile)
0.50 miles hard walk warmdown

total: 3.5 miles
course: COD treadmill

Felt fine. BBQ chicken fine. No, no. That's what I'm eating now.

But I felt fine. Very good in fact. Duke Ellington's "Backward Country Boy Blues," helped. I love my iPod.

What of this? Continuity. A couple good weeks of running, with cardiovascular improvement, no injuries, and excitement about running.

Marathon dreams ahead.

2 comments:

Mike R said...

Glad to see you back at it. I'm a little confused about your training though. Last summer (I think) when you had been running more consistently you were still running relatively slowly. Now, you haven't been back at it long and you're already running sub 8 minute miles. This seems a little contrary to your previously "conservative" approach. I'm not criticizing.....because I have a tendancy to do too much too soon--no patience. Just wondering if you have changed your philosophy and wonder what JS thinks about your approach. Thanks and here's hoping for continued good health.

A said...

You are right on. I pulled back some tonight, but need to pull back more.

I'm in base building mode, and am returning after a longish break. My mileage is fine; my pace is too fast.

JS gave me the general buildup plan, but not so much the pace. When he writes daily workouts, he is fairly precise. His thing is relating pace to relative sense of fitness, as opposed to exact times. Track workouts get times attached, but otherwise, not.

Health is the key. Too fast, too soon, and injury will result. But, man, I like speed. Patience is, I'm told, a virtue.