Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Third and 5000 - Three 5K Races Left

Three races left. More? Maybe, but this should get me through the next month.

Actual races may change, depending on my schedule, but a few are in the queue to get nicked off in quick succession. How quick? A PR each race. No, no. I'm not calling my shots, ala Babe Ruth. Just wishful thinking.

My increased pace is largely based on better weather. Certainly, if I don't pull off my September 27 goal, my October 4 race goal is in question.

Good weather, good courses, and training well these next weeks open the door. I have to run aggressively, but wisely for each. No margin for error.

The "Jack" race will be on a hilly course.

In other words, I have no idea how I'll do. Gotta have a goal, though.

Ideally, I'll find something for early November too.

One step at a time.

Goals
Sept 27: Tailgate Trot 5K Race 5K, 21:10 - 6:50/mile
Oct 4: Scarecrow Shuffle 5K, 20:45 - 6:42/mile
Oct 19: This Run's for Jack 5K, 20:30 - 6:37/mile

No comments: