Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Negative Splits in a Positive Run: 8.08 in 68:15

8.08 miles - 68:15.44 (8:27/mile)

splits
4.04 miles - 35:05 (out) (8:41/mile)
4.04 miles - 33:10.44 (back) (8:13/mile)

55°F
Current:Clear
Wind: W at 0 mph
Humidity: 99%
course: Illinois Prairie Path - south from zero marker

finish
58°F
Current:Clear
Wind: W at 0 mph
Humidity: 100%

Easy Sunday morning run along the IPP, using my new, snazzy GPS watch. Still getting the kinks out, but I like the feature that shows me my per mile split (any split I want, but I set it at a mile). Also, learned the mile markers, at least the ones going south, from 0-4, are correct.

Ran with JRSC runner Jody Cantey, whose studying up for a half marathon next weekend. She was at ease the entire way, and should have no trouble.

Saw Frank and Paul, separately, and John Grebe near the finish.

Negative splits are encouraging, though we never pushed, nor intended to push.

Now, with a vanilla bean Gu in my system, I'm fresh, but ripe. Need to shower and head off to church.

No comments: