Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Haile Gebrselassie Runs 2:03:59 Marathon

Call me a Haile Gebrselassie fan. It's easy to be one. He's 35, when many elite runners are past their prime. Not him. He sets a world record in the marathon. Berlin Marathon. Again.

4:43 per mile. I'm pretty proud of having run a 4:44 -- once. This is unimaginable.

That's something to think about as I get ready to run long, albeit almost twice as slow.

I had a little survey on the left. Might be still up. A few of you (not me, I voted yes) were naysayers. Tsk, tsk.

Gebrselassie breaks marathon world record
By GEIR MOULSON

BERLIN (AP) — Haile Gebrselassie broke his own marathon world record on Sunday, becoming the first runner to finish under 2 hours, 4 minutes.

The Ethiopian clocked 2:03:59 to win his third straight Berlin Marathon, beating the mark of 2:04:26 he set last year over the same flat course. He also became the first runner to win the race three times.

more

No comments: