Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sunrise? No, Sunset! 5.12 Miles At Dusk

5.12 miles - 42:34 (8:19/mile)

total: 5.12 miles

81°F
Current:Clear
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 47%
course: Briarcliff Loop

finish
78°F
Current:Clear
Wind: NE at 0 mph
Humidity: 51%

Where did the heat come from? Isn't summer over?

I'll miss the swelter come February, but tonight, I drip.

My 4.3 mile route has grown short. Jim's training method is based somewhat on time, and tonight was 40-50 minutes. Happily, I am fast enough to presume my time will be quicker. The trouble then, is adding a mile or two.

Google told me if I add a certain road, a mile will be added exactly. Not true. 5.3 miles is really 5.12 miles. I squeezed that in just under 43:00. Another half mile would be preferred - I want to run closer to 45-48 minutes.

The run itself felt fine, even in the heat. I never pushed it, but relaxed in a stunning sunset. Soon, though, as I start my new job, I'll be looking at sunrises when I run.

No comments: