Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tough Weather, My Plan Gets Refined, and a Possible Race

A quick chat with Coach Jim clarified what I plan to run the next few weeks. I am not on his daily workout plan yet - my base is insufficient - but he did give me a direction. I've converted it into weekly miles.

For the week ending as follows, I plan to have run the following miles. It is roughly based on increasing in 10% increments, stopping at 35. Once I get to 30-35 miles, I expect I will be hovering for a while. This will be a big change from last summer when I averaged around 22.27 miles.

April 19, 2008 - 20 miles
April 26, 2008 - 23 miles
May 3, 2008 - 25 miles
May 10, 2008 - 27.5 miles
May 17, 2008 - 30 miles
May 24, 2008 - 32 miles
May 31, 2008 - 35 miles

The weather has been rough. Mostly, wet. Rainy. Today, we even had snow. Hardly real snow, but it wasn't rain. This has made facing workouts impossible. Last Thursday's track practice was cancelled.

Next Race
Rather, the first race of the season might be St. John Lutheran School - 50 Hecto on May 10. I have the Cosley Animal Farm - Cream of Wheaton 5K Race in my sights, but that is not until June.

A month of fitness development is front of me, and, although there were just 118 finishers last year, the times are surprisingly fast. Todd Moxley won in 16:00.2. My race PR of 22:00 would get me 21st place. In other words, it will be a strong training run. I'll ponder pacing and all that later.
  • 8:00 A.M. Start
  • 100 Meter Youth Run
  • 50 Meter Kid's Run
  • This year we have a new local sponsor “Fitness Together.”
  • The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) has nominated our event to be a featured Circuit Race.
  • All proceeds will benefit St. John School.

No comments: