Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, April 7, 2008

Tidy 48:35 Ramble in a Cool Spring Sunset

5.5 miles (c 48:35, 8:50/mile)
1 mile hard walk
total: 6.5 miles

49°F
Clear
Wind: W at 0 mph
Humidity: 50%
course: Springbrook Prairie

My actual finish time is a guess. At least 47:32, plus the time between the stoplight at Book and the 4.0 mile marker, when I restarted my new watch. I am rounding up, for now, to 48:35 (based on FavoriteRun.com estimate), to be adjusted next time I make that run. My old watch died, but that had nothing to do with forgetting to click the little button.

About watches: I picked a simple stopwatch wristwatch at Wal-Mart for $5.00 (closeout). Nothing fancy. It counts laps, which I probably won't use, lights up, and has a nice big face.

It was a good run, steady between 8:30-9:00 miles, quicker than Saturday. I first broke 50:00 here last August, so I'm taking this as a good sign. Variables were in my favor: wind to my back when I started, cool temperatures, and it just felt smooth (not very scientific, but that's all I've got). And I watched Rocky Balboa (Rocky Balboa: Movie About a Boxer, Could Have Been a Runner (review)) this afternoon with my buddy David. I too have got more in the basement. Anyway, it was just another run, but a good one.

Now, I have a belly full of spaghetti and red wine, and legs full of a run. Time to rest.

video: Rocky Balboa giving a street on life to his son, Robert.

No comments: