Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beautiful Day in the (Springbrook Prairie) Neighborhood

5.5 miles - 52:01 (9:27/mile)
1.0 warm down hard walk
total: 6.5 miles

43°F
Clear
Wind: SE at 0 mph
Humidity: 86%
course: Springbrook Prairie

62°F
Clear
Wind: SW at 3 mph
Humidity: 35%
finish?

An amazingly beautiful morning filled with an easy wind, chirping birds, a sense of Spring all around. Controlled field burning began after I left, so I avoided much smoke. The temperature was probably closer to 50, and around 55 when I finished.

My goal was just to get in the run, to put in miles at any pace. As such, I started slow, and gradually picked it up. My last mile, I think, was in the low 8s. My overall time was not much, but to burn fat, I need to keep the S part of LSD slow.

Met Tom, a guy wearing a back pack and 40 pounds of gear. Why? Training for a descent down the Grand Canyon.

No comments: