Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mid-Race, Smelled of Worms at 48:31

5.5 miles run 48:31 - 8:49/mile
no warm down

total: 5.5 miles

58°F
Rain
Wind: E at 2 mph
Humidity: 95%
course: Springbrook Prairie

The Eikon 5K Run was just beginning as I started my 5.5 mile gallop across land and prairie. What? Apparently, Eikon is a group at Calvary Church of Naperville. So if you agree with this sort of thing, see their site, drop them a few bucks. Even $10 will help (though, if you've $1,000 sitting around, invest it in these kids).
Come out and help support Eikon's missions trip to Ethiopia by joining Eikon for a 5K Run Walk at Springbrook Prairie in Naperville. Prizes will be awarded to the winners, so get ready for the 5K!
Didn't run the race -- my fitness is not race-ready, though the temptation was there for a cause as important. I did run aground of racers at the 5.0 mile marker, which was their 2.0 mile marker. That's when some speedsters came cruising by.

It smelled of worms. The morning's rain plundered the peace of the earthworms' dry homes. I dodged what I could, though more than a few were scurrying across the road.

As for my own run: (48:31 - 8:49/mile). I felt tight, presumably from Thursday's butt kicking. My thighs and outer calves just above the ankle were aching despite Advil. Things started slow, got slower through three miles, and I tried to hold pace. The hills on the first three must have been the bane of my pace as for the last 2.5 things worked much better.

Mile 1 - 8:54
Mile 2 - 8:58
Mile 3 - 9:24
Mile 4 - 8:44
Mile 5 - ?
Mile 5.5 (1.5 miles) - 12:31 - 8:20/mile

Right now, I'm OK with the pace. Looking at my mileage last winter, I have no choice. This is all ramping up, keeping loose, losing weight, and getting fit. I am watching my form. And, absolutely looking forward to celebrating one year of running.

My weight after showering was 133.4. My scale is not to be fully trusted, but it indicates I am losing weight. With my plan through May, it looks as if a five pound loss is possibly by then.

No comments: