Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Runnin' Numbers: Some Mileage Stats

I started playing in Microsoft Excel to see where my mileage would be through May 31. I have the next few weeks of Jim's track workouts, and know I have a race May 10. I also know Jim's workouts usually add up to around 6.5 miles, give or take.

With these knowns, I tried to devise a general daily mileage schedule, with days off. My goal is to gradually accumulate miles, to run safely, with an eye toward endurance. Also, in my basic plan is a hilly course, something I lacked this time last year (and paid harshly for this deficit in a few races).

June 1, if I am on task, I will be asking Jim to supply me real daily workouts. I am an amateur here without genuine knowledge for what a workout is supposed to look like. Everything will need to point toward a better 5K, and he knows how that works.

For the week ending at the date below, I can stick pretty close. Since some of the miles are warm down miles, I am not so concerned when the mileage exceeds the plan.

A few notable numbers.
Last April, I had zero miles. This April, if all goes per plan, I will have 82.36 miles. May 2007 = 70.86 miles. This May will sum up to 145.12 miles. May will be by far the most miles I will have done since starting a year ago. I ran 102.85 miles in August 2007. In fact, it took to June 25 last year to run as many miles as I hope to run this May.

I am on schedule so far this week, with an especially tough track workout this coming Thursday. We are doing an 800, a mile, a bunch of 150s, a mile, then another 800. An easy run on Saturday, and I will good to go. Today is a rest day. Still tired and my left side calf right above my ankle aches - hopefully nothing serious.

Unrun through to May 31 is about 191 miles. This means, if the formula means anything in real life, I will burn 20,437 calories (107/mile at my weight). Divide by 3,500 to get pounds lost, and I should drop about five pounds of fat. I doubt it will be this simple, but, no matter what the scale says, I should be much fitter.

Actual - Date - Mileage Needed
23.06 - April 19, 2008 - 20 miles
22.97 - April 26, 2008 - 23 miles
26.62 - May 3, 2008 - 25 miles
29.86 - May 10, 2008 - 27.5 miles
29.76 - May 17, 2008 - 30 miles
33.76 - May 24, 2008 - 32 miles
35.26 - May 31, 2008 - 35 miles

No comments: