Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quick Workout After Long Day and Three Hours of Sleep

1.25 mile wu
6x100 striders
3x200 (200)
6x100 striders
600 wd

total: 3.125 miles

course: Wheaton College track

After a late night, little sleep, poor eating, a long day in the Loop on a job interview, and a week with only one run (Tuesday), I wasn't much in the mood for running. In fact, I nodded off a few minutes, and had to rush out the door at 5:30, missing half the warm-up.

Jim adjusted my workout, as well as Rudi's and Brian's, for the sake of our races this weekend. I didn't time anything. The workout didn't lend itself, nor seemed to be able to benefit from timing.

Rudi's running the Park Ridge race as well. His best I've seen listed is 17:34, but he says he's done 16-something there. He's got the speed, and I can imagine in his younger years could tear up a course. He's just a few years older than me now, and has been recently hovering in the mid-18s.

Brian's in a triathlon at Purdue.

I'm quite dragged now, but that's a sleep thing more than a running thing. Long day tomorrow with an interview, and then a church activity Friday night. Saturday is sure to be fast, but my 'real' life might preclude the time I prefer.

No comments: