Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Easy Does It - Fun Evening Run

4.8 miles

total: 4.8 miles

70°F
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: W at 17 mph
Humidity: 39%
course: Illinois Prairie Path

It was an easy, restful run. Same eastward course out to Lombard, with a couple of breathers at streetlights, but on a much cooler day. The last time I ran with Lee and Rich, bugs were not kept at bay. Tonight, with temps close to 65, and a low humidity, kept us cool, comfortable, and away somehow from what bugs us.

Linda and Frank made it. Frank, coming back from Rome, told of his adventures. He hardly made it through them all, so I hope to hear more Thursday.

Lee and I made a little surge up a hill on the way back. It felt good to find a steady second gear. hit the clutch and popped briefly into third gear, with fourth still waiting for a good day.

Without my glasses, I saw no hill until the end.

Last night's 8.5 miles took their toll, and I still suffer its impact. I would like to think, and am choosing to believe, that those extra 3.0 miles did more than 3.0 miles worth, Because they were tacked on to 5.5, something beyond the accounting of miles is happening.

I need more endurance, and at 23 miles a week, I will not get it. I roughed out my run schedule for the rest of September, and it looks like I'll be notching it up to around 32-34 miles a week. This should help me attack a 5K rather than merely running it.

Might break 500 miles by September 30.

No comments: