Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Up Yonder Hill? Not I!

5.95 miles
0.64 miles wd

total: 6.59 miles

Over hill? Over dale? Neither Hank Hill, nor Dale Gribble (cheap "King of the Hill" animated television reference) went running with me. I did crank up the incline to 3.0 for a while. Not sure how long. But, not a real hill.

I also zipped out 11.1 mph for around .20 of a mile. That's 5:24/mile pace. I can do better, but I started getting a side cramp. I'll try sometime soon to see what kind of 800 I have in me.

Met Wayne, a retired dean of students and coach of almost every sport. He was on the treadmill next to me, and we talked about his many grandkids. He and Dana, the COD lab moderator (is that the correct term?) chatted for quite some time about the holidays. Good guy - good perspective on life.

Saw Richard Jarman as well. I've never met him, but see him in the gym and on the road. Very solid runner in the 50-55 age group. He is right where I wish I was, slightly under 20:00.

No comments: