Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Third of Three Days - 7.1 Miles

Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide
7.1 miles run (9:31/mile) 1.0 miles walked (15:00/mile)

total: 8.1 miles
course: home treadmill

I'm sleepy. What does this have to do with a long run? No idea.

A good, long run, and the longest run since January. My legs are tired, as this, though slowly ran, was the third consecutive day.

I have been reading Hal Higdon's book, Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide, hoping that I continue this running spell through April so as to begin marathon training. I say that a lot, don't I?

You saw my earlier post about what I listening to as I ran. It helped keep me accountable to the run and my mind off the clock. I strutted. I ran. I played air guitar. That helped me get it done.

Also, as you can see from the music below, I have included an intentional list of music to warm down to. These are laid-back songs, softer melodies, that help calm me as I walk. Admittedly, I have no figured out what works well, so your suggestions are coveted.
  • Childhood And Manhood Cinema Paradiso Ennio Morricone
  • Gabriel's Oboe The Mission Ennio Morricone
  • Satie: Le Piège De Méduse Satie: Complete Piano Works [Disc 3] Aldo Ciccolini
  • Morning from "Peer Gynt" Clásicos London Symphony Orchestra/Philip Gibson
  • Chopin: Etude #12 In C Minor, Op. 10/12, CT 25, "Revolutionary" `Pavel Egorov

No comments: