Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, October 2, 2010

No Skunks in 5.0 Mile Run

Clapton5.0 miles run (44:25 - 9:16/mile)
1.10 miles walked (15:00/mile)

total: 6.1 miles
course: home treadmill

My new treadmill counts carbs. I am not sure if I care about this. All machines I have run on count calories (I burned 701 this morning), but carbs? Do I care? Maybe one of you know more about this than I do.

It is a strange thing to run on my treadmill in the basement. Music is louder. I don't use headphones. I can't change the song unless I get off the machine (I use a little boom box). The light is strangely shadowed. I do get the indulgence of pointing the fan my way. But I am as alone as if I were running on the Prairie Path at 2:00 am, without the skunks, coons and bats.

Eric Clapton has nothing to do with today. I didn't run to any Claton tunes, or even think I might. He has a new album (Clapton on Amazon for $9.99), and fellow TribLocal writer Anne Kiplinger reviews it: Music Mom: Clapton is Back! -- check it out. I noticed it as I posted an article about the Chicago Marathon.

No comments: