Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Best Run of the Year (so far) - 5.5 Miles

5.5 miles (47:06 - 8:34/mile)
.5 miles walk

total: 6.0

62°F °C
Current: Clear
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 82%
course: Springbrook Prairie

finish
70°F °C
Current: Clear
Wind: S at 0 mph
Humidity: 54%

Nice run, among my most relaxed in months. My stride was easy and long, my pace steady. The first mile was in 8:41, and picked up from there.

It is especially nice as I had a week off. First, I ran too hard at the Spivey Club workout, and paid for it the next 2-3 days. My fault. Next, a friend, a beginning runner, passed away and hit me off kilter. Allergies and life otherwise took hold. Next thing I knew, zero miles for over a week. I hoped to struggle through 9:15s today. 8:33.8 is an accomplishment, and I never pressed.

Felt bad for a bigger guy, high school football player sized. I passed him, easing on by at the two mile marker on down a hill. My stride is longer than others my height, and going downhill, this helps. I think he took it as a challenge, and chugged past me as we went up a hill. Down the next hill, I slipped by. I tried to hold my pace, and he wore himself out I think. I thought I heard him trying to give it a go as we went up a longer hill, but his 'get up and go got up and went'. By the time I was stuck at the 4.0 mile stop light, he was nowhere to be found.

The picture I took at around the 5.25 mile mark, after I ran. Slight uphill, not as steep as it might look. Got down low, and then put a hue onto the shot to give it a sepia-like look. Bad cell phone picture meets Photoshop.

No comments: