Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

8 on 9-9-9 with 1 - 8 Miles on a Muggy Evening

8.0 miles (unsure: 72:00-74:00 - 9:00-9:15/mile)

total: 8.0 miles

75°F °C
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 62%
course: Illinois Prairie Path

finish
71°F °C
Current: Haze
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 76%

Not everyday do I get to run with an ultramarathoner. Today, I did, though Amanda, a new running friend I made through Facebook, notched down her pace and distance on my behalf. She's training for a 50K race this fall (and a 50 miler after that), and is serving as a pace runner in the Chicago Marathon, leading a pack of 3:30 marathoners in clockwork-like 8:01s for Nike.

It was a good, but watchless run. Left my watch at home, and Amanda's died a mile into things. We ran a nice, relaxed pace, in the 9:00-9:15 range, though I'm not certain. For good measure on this notable day, she ran another mile to make it a pure nine miles on this September 9, 2009.

The humidity was high, so I'm looking at tonight's run with success. It helped to have a seasoned running buddy who was conversational and friendly.



Follow runner Eddie Izzard's marathon Tweets as he runs over 1,000 miles. http://twitter.com/EddieIzzard

No comments: