Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, December 3, 2007

Six in Seven (Point One): Six Miles Run, 1.1 Hard Walked

6.0 miles 54:13 (28:33, 25:40)
1.1 wd (hard walk - 12:30-15:00/mile)

total: 7.1 miles
course: COD treadmill

Tonight was a calorie burner. Started with a relaxed gallop at 9:31, picked it up slowly at 3.0 miles until I was at 6:40/mile for the last few hundred meters.

Nothing complicated tonight. Just getting my miles back up, letting the blood flow. Key tonight was a focus on head form, trying to keep from bopping and bouncing. The window facing me has a giant snowflake which helped me have a horizon, so to speak. Keeping balanced, with good foot plant and arm movement, was no trouble at this unhurried pace.

All in all, it was an easy run from which I recovered quickly. The treadmill said I burned 707 calories, and that's 1/5 of a pound.

Hopefully tomorrow, I will run more or less the same. Being unable to run with the Spivey group Thursday affords me the flexibility to run a week of long runs. Friday will be a day off as usual.

Met Ken, a PR guy at COD, and later, Phoebe, a life coach, who both used the treadmill next to me. Unlike a Prairie Path run, this allows me to have running partners who would normally run a different pace.

No comments: