Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Van Halen to Gregorian - 5.1 Miles

Valleys Of Neptune5.10 miles run
0.90 miles hard walk

total: 6.00 miles

course: Cardinal Fitness

I didn't listen to Jimi today. I might have. I love Jimi. He just didn't happen to be in my playlist. In my tunes today were Van Halen, Queen, the Who and the usual classic rock mix. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly could have been, newly loaded, but just didn't come around. 17:02 of pure testosterone.

My warmdown music? Gregorian chants. I'm not kidding. More on this later, but it helps.

My run was better than yesterday. I almost took a nap, but got things together just in time. My thighs ached, but that's OK. A good meal, night's rest and lots of water will help that out. Or two days of rest? We'll see.

My pace started at 9:31, and moved eventually to the low 9s. My mojo isn't back, but it is nice to string two days in a row. I missed the Sunday afternoon nap, but in a few months, I will be happy I ran. I'm happy now.

Picture: That's me just as I began my warmdown.

No comments: